Literature

this subforum is accessible without login
a forum member

Literature

Postby a forum member » Sat May 05, 2007 11:56 pm

Hi everyone,
I´m finishing my thesis about Heosemys grandis, but I find it very difficult to find any information about this species in literature. If you´ve got any articles, books or even scientific paper mentioning Heosemys grandis, could you please share that with me? I would really appreciate this..Sylvie

Marnix Hoekstra
Site Admin

Literature

Postby Marnix Hoekstra » Sun May 06, 2007 12:19 am

Hi Sylvie,

I have compiled a list of all articles that have any information about the species:
http://www.heosemys.org/bibliography.php
Let me know which of these articles you are interested in. I have added keywords to the ones that I have read, and I can send you photocopies of several of these.

With kind regards,
Marnix Hoekstra

a forum member

Literature

Postby a forum member » Sun May 06, 2007 12:57 am

Thanks a lot! I know that website, but still most of these resources are unavailable for me. I´m trying to collect as much literature as possible, when most appreciated are the scientific papers. To see references I´ve already found, I send this list (not too long, unfortunatelly):

Alderton D., 1988. Turtles & tortoises of the world…

Ernst C. H., Barbour R. W., 1989. Turtles of the world. Smithsonian institution press, Washington, D.C., 316 pp.

Fritz U., Kavaš P., 2006. Checklist of Chelonians of the world. Museum of zoology Dresden, Dresden, 230 pp.

Gaffney E. S., Meylan P. A., 1988. A phylogeny of turtles. Ex: Honda M., Yasukawa Y., Hirayama R., Ota H., 2002. Phylogenetic relationships of the Asian box turtles of the genus Cuora sensu lato (Reptilia: Bataguridae) inferred from mitochondrial DNA sequences. Zoological science 19: 1305-1312.

Honda M., Yasukawa Y., Hirayama R., Ota H., 2002. Phylogenetic relationships of the Asian box turtles of the genus Cuora sensu lato (Reptilia: Bataguridae) inferred from mitochondrial DNA sequences. Zoological science 19: 1305-1312.

ISIS, 2006. Taxon report for Heosemys grandis (start date 1.1.1970, end date 30.3.2006). 55 pp.

Langmann J., 1987. Haltung und Zucht der Riesen-Erdschildkröte, Heosemys grandis. Aquarien terrarien 7: 242-244. Ex: Köhler G., Eidenmüller B., Knirr M., Krüger J., Sachsse W., Seipp R., Wicker R., 1997. Inkubation von reptilieneiern. Grundlagen anleitungen erfahrungen. Herpeton, Offenbach, 205 pp.

Obst F. J., Richter K., Jacob U., 1984 (angl.1988). The completely illustrated atlas of reptiles and amphibians for the terrarium.

Pritchard P. C. H., 1979. Encyclopedia of turtles. T.F.H. Publications, Neptune, N.J., 895 pp.

Rogner M., 1995. Schildkröten 1.

Spinks, P.Q., Shaffer, H.B., Iverson, J.B., McCord, W.P., 2004. Phylogenetic hypotheses for the turtle family Geoemydidae. Molecular phylogenetics and evolution 32, 164-182.

If you have any other in PDF etc. and could send them to me, that would be very helpful..in regards, Sylvie Gaarová

Return to “general Heosemys grandis discussions”